As a Black marine scientist or someone with a desire to venture into the field, you have an opportunity to become a BIMS Premier Member. We are partnering with reputable organizations and institutions to give you an unparalleled advantage in your journey. Your annual membership investment not only helps you but also contributes to our community-building and science advancement efforts.
Premier Membership Perks:
Premier Membership Perks:
- BIMS Drip: A special merchandise Drip bag filled with BIMS branded gear like reusable water bottles, tote bags, hats, and shirts to show off your BIMS pride.
- Vetted Job and Research Opportunities: Access to an exclusive database of paid job and internship opportunities. These are thoroughly vetted opportunities in marine science institutions, academia, and the industry worldwide, all in one place.
- Five free monthly posts to BIMS Trader Post Classified Ads Section: Trade vetted items such as textbooks, scuba equipment, and lightly used technology to other BIMS community members.
- Educational Partnerships and Discounts: We have formed partnerships with leading universities and online education platforms. As a member, you'll have access to select marine science programs and courses at discounted rates.
- Members-only Professional and Social Network: A safe, empowering space for you to network, collaborate, and connect with other Black marine scientists globally. You'll also be part of our exclusive social media group, safe spaces and online forums.
- Exclusive Workshops and Webinars: Free access to our workshops and webinars featuring expert speakers, professional development seminars, research presentations, and more.
- Partner Discount Program: Enjoy special discounts from our corporate partners. These include marine equipment suppliers, science publishers, and more.
- Mentorship Matching Program: Get paired with an experienced marine scientist who will guide you through your career journey by providing advice, CV assistance, interview coaching, sharing invaluable insights and more.
- BIMS Tidal Wave Program: Opportunity to apply for sponsorship to attend marine science conferences and workshops. Network with other professionals, present your work and stay up-to-date with the latest research.
- Access to BIMS-Led Programming: Be the first to apply to programming run by the BIMS team, like our BIMS Immersion Program SCUBA courses.
- Funding Opportunities: Exclusive alerts process for research grants, scholarships and fellowships, including those from our partner organizations.
- BIMS week member only pricing: An invitation to our annual BIMS week professional development retreat with discounted member pricing and access to keynote addresses from leading Black marine scientists, networking events, social activities and more.